The following policies and procedures will be implemented in order to ensure the safety and well-being of Local Works’ staff, coworkers and visitors. Any questions may be directed to our team.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Coworkers are required to wear face masks covering mouth and nose at all times while in the building. Exceptions include while in an enclosed private office or phone booth; while eating/drinking. Masks are required in conference rooms if two or more people are present. Masks are available for anyone who does not have one.
- Social Distancing
- It is encouraged that you maintain a minimum of 6′ distance between others throughout the space whenever possible.
- Personal Hygiene
- Coworkers are encouraged to make use of easily-accessible hand sanitizer, and hand soap in bathrooms will be regularly re-filled as necessary by janitorial services.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting
- All common areas, including but not limited to bathrooms, workspaces, kitchen area, phone booths, and conference rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized by janitorial services.
- Conference rooms will be sanitized by janitorial services each evening. Coworkers, staff and and any guests will be asked to disinfect the conference room and phone booth surfaces after each use. Disinfectant is provided.
- Engineering Controls
- From the modern HVAC system to ease and accessibility of entry and egress, our building and space comply with all applicable codes and regulations. Local Works is well-ventilated inside, and we offer an outdoor covered patio with well-spaced seating.
- Incident Reporting & Guest Policy
- If a confirmed positive COVID-19 case is reported to Local Works staff for any coworker or guest that has been in the space, Local Works will inform the entire coworking community, while respecting that individual’s privacy. Our team will work on direct contact tracing notifications to the best of our ability, following CDC guidelines.
- Guests are welcomed but all guests must abide by all protocols outlined here. Guests will be required to sign in at the front desk and provided a printed copy of these protocols upon entry, and masks will be required in the same ways outlined above.
- Local Works members and guests are asked to not enter the space if experiencing feelings of sickness related to any symptoms of COVID-19, and to inform Local Works management of a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 if have been in the space within the prior 10 days.
- Food & Beverage
- All shared appliances, including but not limited to the coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave will be regularly cleaned and sanitized. Shared dishes, cutlery and drinkware is thoroughly cleaned in a modern dishwasher after each use. The kitchen sink faucet employs contactless technology.
The CDC and SCDHEC recommend, as of July 27, 2021, that fully vaccinated individuals wear masks both indoors and in public settings in areas with high or substantial rates of COVID-19 transmission. Charleston County, as of Aug 4, 2021, is ranked as a high rate of transmission. Learn more.