Somehow it’s already December. We’re not sure how that’s possible or where the time went but we’re facing facts and conceding that 2017 is right around the corner. But before we start making resolutions for next year, we’re pausing to reflect on some of the amazing things that’ve happened at Local Works in 2016.
We opened our doors to some exceptional local organizations that needed a space to host their meetings, events, and parties.
– Hatch Tribe held their first ever after hours social in November at Local Works
– Startup Grind hosted LevelWing’s Steve Parker Jr at LocalWorks
– Center 4 Women held their quarterly Mastermind Exchange at Local Works
– Broom Wagon led a coffee tasting for our Local Workers at Local Works
– Charleston Legal Access threw their launch party at Local Works
– We hosted an artist reception for Julia Deckman at Local Works
– The Growing New Farmers program hosted their weekly classes at Local Works
We welcomed a new wave of Local Workers in 2016. Their presence brought new energy and enthusiasm to the space. Some notable newbies include:
– Charleston Legal Access
– Robinson Design Engineers
– Charleston Jewish Community Center
– SC Charter School District
– R2L Architects
– The Folly Beach Company
– CLANE Group
– Town Scout
– Friends of the Lowcountry Low Line
– The Art Counsel
– Smith & Hastings
– Deliberate Method
We worked really hard and it paid off big time. With hard work came some big wins that we’ll be celebrating throughout 2017.
– We launched a Creative In Residence program and received more than 20 interested applicants.
– We received a $50,000 for being a winner of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) annual Growth Accelerator Fund Competition.
– We launched a new video that showcases the story behind Local Works and recognizes some of the individuals and companies that make the space so unique. Watch now!
– We were recognized as a cool place to work by Charleston Regional Business Journal!
2016, you were great—we had a lot of fun and we did a lot of incredible things. We can’t even imagine what 2017 has in store for us but we’re ready with open arms to see what the future holds.
Want to join us in 2017? Request a Free Day Pass and come see what it’s all about!